Change name servers
You have full control of your DNS settings. That also means that you can change the name servers.
What are name servers?
A name server is a computer server that hosts a network service for providing responses to queries against a directory service. It maps a human-recognizable identifier to a system-internal, often numeric identification or addressing component. This service is performed by the server in response to a network service protocol request.
Basically it translates a name to an IP address of the server where the DNS is administered.
Where do I change name servers?
Name servers can be changed by following these steps:
- Log in to the Reseller Area
- Go to the "Domains" tab
- Find the domain you wish to change the name servers for
- Click on "details" behind the domain
- Go to "Actions" and choose "Name servers"
- Fill in the name servers you wish to use
- Click on "Save" to apply the changes.
You have now changed the name servers. Depending on the TTL of your DNS, it will take up to 24 hours for the name servers to be active.
You can also use our own name servers, you can find them [here](https://kb.hostcontrol.com/Unmanaged_domains).