From Hostcontrol Wiki
This guide is designed to connect your account with WHMCS, with all the automation provided by WHMCS. It assumes you will
- Connect your WHMCS account with your Hostcontrol account, using the Hostcontrol module
- Manage domains and customers in WHMCS, creating accounts there,
- Perform all customer management and contact through WHMCS,
- Turn off auto-renew
- Enable notifications for watermarks.
- Set watermarks at Finance > Balance > Actions for the balance that suits your account balance.
- Resellers: Enable “Accept reseller signups” and set no templates, including for password resets.
- Resellers: Disable: “Set deposits”
- Customers: Disable “Enable customer verification” and make sure all default templates are disabled for the e-mails. Select all countries (bottom).
- Domains: Enable “External nameservers default enabled” and “Custom DNS default enabled”
- Invoicing: Disable invoicing
- URL's: Do not add a label URL.
- Customer Area: Disable everything.
Retrieve API key
- Find your API key under Dashboard > Label. This is a a key with 5 x 10 alpha-numerical characters.
- Download the module from here.
- Unzip directory hostcontrol
- Upload directory hostcontrol to /modules/registrars/ on the WHMCS server
- Access your WHMCS Admin Area
- Use the navigation menu to go to “Setup -> Domain Registrars”
- WHMCS detected the HostControl registrar module
- Click the Activate button
- Insert your API key and click Save