The RP API is an alternative method to communicate with the Hostcontrol platform, more reminiscent of a supplier API where product integration happens in your own application. This article contains a link to the documentation, and will summarize the main differences between using the Reseller Area and the RP API.
The RP API is interesting to people who want the following:
- Complete freedom to implement a product flow which is not supported through Storefront or Reseller Area
- Use a third party application for billing, payments, support AND customer management.
- Want to integrate Hostcontrol as supplier, rather than full-cloud automation suite
Last updated: 28-05-2018
Non RP API
- Reseller Area uses customers
- Products are connected to customers
- Customers have contacts and products
- Support tickets are connected to customers
- There is a graphical user interface to add products to customers
- There is a storefront that allows customers to sign-up and create products and Customer accounts.
- The storefront contains label settings and pages created with the reseller.
- Domains must be linked to Hosting Accounts.
- Email addresses require domains linked to hosting accounts.
- DNS settings automatically are set up when linking
- Hosting plans can be managed in the interface
- Hosting plans can be deleted, or changed in the interface.
- There are contacts - no customers
- There is no GUI
- Sign in using basicauth over HTTPS, as a reseller.
- You do not have a storefront
- You do not have label settings
- You only have transactions.
- There are API's available for all products
- There are API calls available for all supported product actions (Create, Renew, Delete, Change)
- Products are loose objects on the API.