Invoices draw from several settings; this article gives more information about these settings, and how to change them.
A sequence is an increasing numeral string which serves as a unique identifier for an invoice. You can create a new invoice string at Finance > Invoices > Sequences by the Actions menu, of modify the default string:
- First, go to Finance > Invoice > Invoice Sequences:
- After that, you will see the invoice screen with the default string defined.
- Here, select the Actions button and select "Create new invoice sequence"
- Here, you will be presented with several options:
- The label determines what the string is named.
- The current value determines what the string will start at.
- The minimal length determines the length of the invoice string. This may cause padding (extra 0's being added).
Templates may be used to brand your invoice by setting a header and footer text. This allows you to customize your invoices to show your brand to your customers.
- First, go to Finance > Invoice > templates:
- After that, you will see the invoice screen with the default templates present:
- Start defining an invoice template by using Actions > "Create invoice templates"
- After that, you will see the screen where you can add the invoice information.
- The name is a identifier for the template set.
- The Top right text will appear in the top right of the invoice
- The footer text will appear at the bottom.