Category:Hosted OX App suite
- 1 Can I configure a Hosted OX App Suite Offer myself?
- 2 What other upsell functionality does Hosted OX App Suite offer?
- 3 How do I get the mobile UI?
- 4 Is there a separate mobile app for UI for Hosted OX App Suite?
- 5 Why can I not get the Document Viewer with the free version?
- 6 Which devices can be used?
- 7 What is OX Drive?
- 8 What are the requirements for OX Drive clients?
- 9 How do I install OX Drive?
- 10 How do I share a file or folder?
- 11 I installed OX Drive, what's next?
- 12 I deleted a file, how can I get it back?
- 13 Some files are missing, where can I find them?
Can I configure a Hosted OX App Suite Offer myself?
Based on ‘building block’, you as a reseller can define your own Hosted OX App Suite offering. Choose your desired base offering and add storage and other features.
What other upsell functionality does Hosted OX App Suite offer?
Currently Hosted OX App Suite offers a number of upsell possibilities, these include: In-app upselling – greyed out items in the menu are clickable and bring up a customizable window – for example allowing automatic upgrade or customer defined promotions; In-email advertising; Portal based advertising and promotions (Widgets).
How do I get the mobile UI?
The mobile UI is available as standard and does not require a separate URL. Just open the normal URL on your device browser.
Is there a separate mobile app for UI for Hosted OX App Suite?
No, Hosted OX App Suite does not need a separate mobile app as it has a responsive design, which has been enhanced and optimized for mobile use with the release of 7.4.0.-
Please note: the ‘Mobile Web Interface’ that was available for OX 6 is not supported for Hosted OX App Suite.
Why can I not get the Document Viewer with the free version?
OX Document Viewer is not available as part of the free version of Hosted OX App Suite. If you wish to use OX Document Viewer we advise you to upgrade to the commercial version.
Which devices can be used?
End-users can use any device, including rich clients (Windows desktops and notebooks), thin clients and even tablets and smartphones. The only requirement is an HTML5 compatible browser and – at least today – a network connection.
What is OX Drive?
OX Drive allows users to synchronize and share files and folders from the desktop and from their mobile devices.
OX Drive is available through the browser as part of Hosted OX App Suite. OX Drive clients are available for Windows, OSX, iOS and Android and allow users to synchronize files between their PC’s, Notebooks and Mobile Devices and Hosted OX App Suite.
What are the requirements for OX Drive clients?
- OX Drive for Windows requires the latest Versions of Windows 7, Windows 8;
- OX Drive for Mac OS requires at OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks);
- OX Drive for iOS requires an Apple iPhone on iOS 6 / iOS 7 or an Apple iPad on iOS 6 / iOS 7;
- OX Drive for Android requires a smartphone on Android Jelly Bean (4.1 - 4.2) or Tablets on Android Jelly Bean (4.1 - 4.2).
How do I install OX Drive?
Download and install the correct OX Drive client for your mobile device and follow the instructions in the Wizard. Be prepared to enter the server URL and your credentials for the server.
This is currently only possible from the web UI of Hosted OX App Suite. In the windows client (if the shell extension is installed) you can right click on a file/folder and click ‘Open in OX AppSuite’ which opens the web UI of Hosted OX App Suite for you. In the web UI of Hosted OX App Suite you have the option ‘Share folder’ or ‘Share this file option’ - both will create a unique link that you can send out to any external user.
I installed OX Drive, what's next?
On Windows you can easily enter the OX Drive folder by right clicking on the OX Drive tray icon and choosing ’Open OX Drive folder’. This opens the windows explorer. Maybe you can already see some files and folders that are synchronized. You can now add, change or remove files and folders normally.
I deleted a file, how can I get it back?
If the version of Hosted OX App Suite supports versioning you can just open an earlier version in the Hosted OX App Suite web UI. Click on a file and in the detailed view you can click on ‘Show version history’. There you can download earlier versions.
Some files are missing, where can I find them?
There are some cases when a file does not get synchronized immediately because it's still being modified. This is normally true for office documents. As soon as the document gets released it will be synchronized. There are also some cases that the file is ignored by OX Drive because the filename contains one or of the following reserved characters:
< (less than) > (greater than) : (colon) ” (double quote) / (forward slash) \ (backslash) | (vertical bar or pipe) ? (question mark) * (asterisk)
Characters whose integer representations are in the range from 0 through 31 The last character is a . (dot) or ' ' (space) It's case-invariant name without an optional extension matches one of the reserved names CON, PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, or LPT9 It consists solely of whitespace characters
In addition folders have some more reserved conditions:
- The last character of any subpath (that is the last part of the whole path or the part preceding the separator character /) is a . (dot) or ' ' (space);
- It not equals the root path /, but ends with a / (forward slash) character;
- It contains two or more consecutive / (forward slash) characters.
Unfortunately there are more constraints: the maximum allowed length for some path segments, that is the parts between forward slashes (/) in directory and filenames, is restricted to 255 characters. Synchronizing a file or directory version that contains path segments longer than this limit leads to those versions being put into quarantine.
This category currently contains no pages or media.